Sunday, September 22, 2019
10 am - 4 pm
About the Festival
Join us for the 49th Annual Octagon Art Festival in Ames, IA. Visual arts, children’s art areas and performing arts form the foundation of the Octagon Art Festival. More than 14,000 people attend our festival. 100 professional artists from across the Midwest will be featured. The festival is held outdoors on pavement, rain or shine, in the Main Street Cultural District in downtown Ames.
NOTE: Pre-approved artists have already been contacted, so if you are receiving this email, you do need to go through the jury process based on the booth ratings by 3 festival jurors (independent of Octagon staff).
"You have the best service of any show I have ever participated!"
Jane Foreman Designs, Jewelry (2018)
"Very organized, lots of friendly workers and volunteers."
Karen Ruff, Sculpture (2018)
"Easy to unload/set up. Check-in station nice, customer booklet great. Nice mix of quality artwork."
Gary Hoard, Photography (2018)
"This was my first year at your Festival and my one day total was more than I have ever had. I felt the Festival was very well organized, and this one gentlemen always brought me water and I felt the Staff were VERY attentive. I definitely plan to be back."
Carol Moliterno, Kansas City (2017)
2018 festival artists evaluations:
- nearly $125,840 of artwork was sold by 95 artists
- 86.5% of artists ranked Octagon festival as Excellent for facilities & sales compared to other festivals.
- 18% of artists listed $2,500+ in sales
- 12 x 12 booths
- 2 feet open buffer space between booths
- 2 feet storage space behind booth
- Curbside loading and unloading
- Free parking
- Complimentary breakfast
- Booth sitters and friendly volunteers
- Artist's lounge at the Octagon Center for the Arts with indoor restrooms
- Complimentary bottled water delivered to your booth
- 4 cash purchase awards (1 Best of Show and 3 honorable mentions)
Questions? Call 515.232.5331 or email [email protected]