Image: Myunggyun Yoo, 2018 AHL-T&W Foundation Visual Art Bronze Award "The Forest of History 1706", 2017
The AHL (Art, Humanity, and Love) Foundation is pleased to announce the open call for AHL – T&W Foundation Contemporary Visual Art Awards.
The AHL (Art, Love, Humanity) Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2003 to support Korean artists living in the United States and to promote exposure of their work in today’s highly competitive contemporary art world. We would like to invite you to our 16th annual AHL- T&W Foundation Contemporary Visual Art Awards.
Please read the application guidelines carefully before starting your online application. We recommend having all your information ready to input and upload before starting the online application since applicants must finish the application in one sitting.
**Award recipients must attend the Benefit Gala & Awards Ceremony and the opening reception to the Group Exhibition in order to receive the monetary award**
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019 (11:59pm EST)
Winners Announcement: April 30, 2019
- Visual artists of Korean heritage based in the U.S. (Commercial photographers, filmmakers, and dancers are not eligible for this award. However, fine art photographers, video artists, interdisciplinary artists and performance artists may apply.)
- Selected winners of the Contemporary Visual Art Awards from the past 3 years are not eligible for the 2019 Awards.
- Gold Award $5,000 Silver Award $4,000 Bronze Award $3,000
- Group Exhibition in New York City
- Artist Statement
- Work Samples from the past 5 years (Up to 10 work sample images or 3 video links. If you wish to submit both, please upload up to 5 images and 2 video links.)
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
AHL (Art, Humanity, Love) Foundation is a 501(c)3 visual arts organization with a mission to support Korean artists living in the United States and is committed to promoting and providing greater exposure of their work. Founded by Sook Nyu Lee Kim in 2003, the AHL Foundation is committed to seeking and promoting talented Korean and Korean-American artists while building a wider public awareness of the important cultural contributions made by these artists. AHL programs include special exhibitions, art history classes, public lectures, museum and gallery tours along with professional development opportunities for artists through its Visual Art Awards, and the annual and biennial project grants, which are one of the largest visual art grants of its kind in the United States.
Additional inquiries about the T&W Foundation Contemporary Visual Art Awards should be directed to [email protected] or 516-983-3935.